Life.Love.Shopping.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Red, White & Blue so Lucky to have the 3 of You!


Well TX decided to celebrate the 4th on the 3rd since this year the holiday fell on a Sunday so yesterday was our '4th of July' filled with fun and fireworks.

I decided to forgo the 4th of July outfits this year since we usually end up at a pool or hanging out late in the night so when I saw these patriotic pajamas at Chasing Fireflies I knew they were perfect and practical.

I got a little worried when it started to rain early evening just after Jon finished grilling our steaks for dinner but thankfully, it stopped just an hour and a half before the fireworks went off.

I came prepared with glow-sticks, PEZ and snapping fireworks for the kids to keep them busy while we waited for the fireworks to start. Paige and Aiden decided it was more fun to pour out the bag of snappers and step on them all to hear the 'pop'.

I wasn't sure how Harlow would take to the firework noise but she wasn't bothered a bit sitting on my lap and quickly went to sleep when we got back in the car. I had hoped that the kids would sleep in this morning since we were out so late but nope they were ready to go get Starbucks with Jon and I to start our Sunday.

Paige 6 years old

Aiden 3 years old

Harlow 10 months old


Not sure what we are going to do today but I hope we can get in some nice family time together and planned on grilling some burgers for dinner. Wishing you all a fabulous 4th of July!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mere your kids are too cute!!! LOVE the PJ's and your son is just a handsome little guy!

sewfunbymonique said...

Meredith!!!
Thanks for saying hi! I can't believe how big Harlow~ and all your kids are!Time sure flies. :) Look at all those gorgeous blue eyes! Love your etsy shop, too. I will favorite something. Cute sparkles.
Blessings to you & your family!